Takes awhile to settle into Just Being while around Us is a storm. Emotions triggered and our immune system responds. Our ability to stay healthy during the cold and flu season drops significantly. I find myself fixating on the upcoming holidays, rushing to and fro, stretching myself thin and Finding Me is like looking for those car keys that didn't get put in that designated "no loss" place. All the more reason to up the Just Being quotient. Here are physical cues to heed. Following are my easy Ayurveda lifestyle choices when the storm around you starts becoming the storm inside of you.
- Eyes burning or itchy
- Aversion to cold or hot conditions
- Aversion to wind
- Unable to Focus
- Upset stomach
- Muscles and especially the neck and lower back are tight
Just Being Choices for a Healthier Holiday Time
- Meditate for 10 minutes 2x a day. Try upping it to 20 minutes 2x a day.
- Do something You believe is creative once a day. (The You believe is important)
- Stretch, Oxygenate and Circulate.
- Less Sugar Less Starch More Protein More Vegetables
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than normal
- Choose a day of the week to be a No Technology day and yes that includes your mobile phone, let everyone who needs to know that you will be out of contact, unless you have to be available. At least turn your mobile to vibrate and still let everyone know that if it's not an emergency you are giving your spirit a technology break.
- And if you feel the beginnings of a cold or flu. Get warm quickly. Take a warm bath with epsom salt and baking soda. And make the following tea.
My Turmeric, Ginger, Lemon Just Be Tea
- 5" piece of raw ginger peeled of it's skin and chopped into 1/2" slices
- 4 cups of purified water
- 1" of raw turmeric peeled of it's skin and diced into small chunks. If you can not find raw turmeric you can use 1 T. of powdered turmeric
- 1 organic lemon sliced into 1/4" slices, remove seeds
Place all the ingredients into a stainless steel pot (turmeric can discolor enamel pots). Place on high heat and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer, cover and let the contents simmer quietly for 30 minutes. Strain into a cup. I like to add a teaspoon of Manuaka honey. This tea has all the warming and fortifying qualities when that achey, feverish, sore throat, eyes burning feeling comes on. This makes about 3 cups. You can add more and get one more serving.
Face Feeling Like Toast? Add Apothycaria's Newest Good Morning Gelée
I love toast but not when my face feels like a stale dull and rough piece of toast destined for the compost heap. Especially on days when I want to wear my foundation. I find that a bit of jelly always helps my dull toast so I invented my newest Gelée to smooth, nourish and brighten your skin.
What's in it? I start out with an organic aloe vera with DMAE in it. DMAE is a choline molecule and is from the family of B vitamins. I've been keeping my mixing temperature down to room temp when I am blending in my essential oils and other ingredients as I want to keep the active ingredients active. I blended all the essential oils that help to bring down inflammation, irritation and to brighten the appearance of my skin. And what would toast and jelly be without a cup of coffee? I cold brewed my favorite organic coffee and added it to Good Morning Gelée.
It goes on easy, and you don't need too much. Face, neck and décolletage. I'm highly sensitive to a lot of ingredients and I patch tested it on me with not irritation. If you have a known allergy to aloe vera, coffee, rosemary, helichrysum, balsam, grasses or tea tree oil this gelée is not for you.
Contact me at email@example.com to order or we can create a blend that's right for you.
Silk and Luxe Cremes are Back in Stock
Luscious moisturizers that nourish the skin. Silk creates a smooth palette for wearing underneath sunscreen and makeup. Luxe is best at night to regenerate and hydrate.
Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org to find the right Apothycaria Creme for you. I can customize them to balance and enhance.
Martin + Mo and Alchemist Me Solsitē Diffuser Essential Oil Blends on Sale until November 14th. Make Your Holiday Gathering Aromatic and Festive.
Eucalyptus is great to diffuse in a room if you are having upper respiratory issues, a cold or sinus pain.